Website Marketing Resources
Search engines love content. The more content you have the more often you will come up in "organic" searches --when someone searches for a term. Example, I have a free articles page on my web site with dozens of free articles. I wrote most of them, but many others are articles I got from other authors in exchange for linking to their site.
Here is a list of sites where you can get free articles:
How to use free articles properly:
You have to be careful using free content. You don't want someone coming to your web site, reading the article and clicking away to the author's web site. There are four things you want to do:
1. Put the link to the author at the very bottom of the article. You can make the linking type a little smaller than the article, but to be fair you can't make it too small. For example if the article is in 12 point type you could put the link in 10 point type.
2. Make sure all of your navigation links appear on the same page as the article. If you can set them to repeat at the bottom of the article again, that is even better.
3. Give the reader a reason to explore your web site. At the top and again at the bottom or the article write a benefit statement of a description of your content and what you do.
4. Give away something for free --eBook, report, links to special sites, etc. Make them click to another page to get what ever you are giving --even better, have them give you their name and email address to access it.
Use articles to make affiliate income:
Most affiliate programs offer free articles that you can post on your web site. When people read the article and click to the promoter's web site, you earn a commission if they purchase the item being promoted. When you are grabbing articles from the various free articles site, visit the author's web site and determine if they have an affiliate program. If they do, be sure and sign up for it.
Free Graphics for Your Website:
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Search Engines:
The top two are Google Adwords and Bing. Learning the ins and outs of PPC can be tricky. You can spend a lot of money needlessly if you don't do it right. There are two steps I recommend:
1. Start with Bing until you are getting good results, as they are a lot cheaper than Google. A popular key word that costs 50-cents per click on Google can be had for half of that on Bing. You won't get as much traffic, but that is OK. Once the keywords are producing profits for you on Bing --just take the same campaign to Google, which is the most expensive but will eventually get you the best results.
2. Limit your campaign budget to $10 a day until you are getting profitable results. Even then, increase it slowly.
3. Test - Test - Test !!! Not every key word or phrase will product results which is why you want to test a lot of different words and phrases.
4. Read the best selling book, Google Cash by Chris Carpenter. I have personally used the techniques in this book to earn over $8,000 a month selling both physical products at www.Firepit-grills.com and my books here on the www.skipmcgrath.com web site.
HTML Instruction and Website Building
w3schools.com - This site has everything from basic HTML to SQL as well as everything in between. The HTML tag reference is easy to understand and provides helpful examples.
BigNoseBird.com - This site is old, but still provides solid information in a usable format. Be sure to check out the page on HTML tags.
How to Make a Website - This guide provides a nice overview on how to make a website.
Full Disclosure on the programs recommended here:
I believe in full disclosure. Some of these links are affiliate links. That means that if you buy a recommended program, I will earn an affiliate commission. However, I want to assure you that out of the thousands of products available to promote web sites--yes there really are thousands --I have paid for and personally used every one of these programs and they all come with a money-back guarantee.
© 1999- Harry McGrath, Inc., DBA Skip McGrath, Auction Seller's Resource and Vision-One Marketing. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Newsletters | eBay Training | Free Articles | Tools & Resources | Web Wholesale Search | Testimonials | Blog
Please Note: Some of the products and services mentioned in this website, in articles, banner ads and newsletters and blog posts are for products and services for which I earn a referral fee or commission. We always evaluate anything we recommend very carefully and each year we turn down literally dozens of opportunities to recommend products or services where we can earn a commission. Even though we earn a fee on some of our recommendations, we only recommend products and services that we feel will deliver good value and with rare exceptions, they all come with a money back guarantee.