Many people I talk to are making the same basic mistakes which is losing them money in auction sales. This checklist comes from my Complete eBay Marketing System and is a very basic checklist of what every seller should verify before launching an auction.
1. Have I checked spelling and grammar?
2. Is my type readable – is it too large or too small?
3. Did I use short paragraphs?
4. Are my photos clear and not too big to cause slow loading?
5. Have I checked all my fees and options?
6. Did I use the correct duration (number of days)?
7. Does my auction end at a good time and on a good day?
8. Did I include clear shipping information, costs and terms?
9. Is my item description accurate, clear and complete?
10. Did I include information as to size, weight, etc.?
11. Did I mention any flaws?
12. Did I clearly spell out the payment terms?
13. Does my headline communicate what I am selling?
14. Does my headline contain the appropriate key words for item searches?
15. Did I invite bidders to email me with questions?
16. Did I include active links to my eBay Store and About Me Page?
17. Is my About Me page up to date?
18. Did I include a Buy It Now price?
For more in depth tips and techniques, you can download my 99 Tips for eBay Buyers and Sellers free from my Web site.