Here are some tools used my myself and many other power sellers that can increase your eBay profits
I use several third-party tools in my eBay auctions. These include buySAFE and SquareTrade. Each of these has a different function and each costs money –but do they, or will they pay off for you?
- SquareTrade has been around the longest. SquareTrade is a company that puts a seal in your auctions that says you are a SquareTrade approved seller. To get a SquareTrade seal you have to verify your identity and that your identity matches your eBay username, profile and auctions. Once this is done, SquareTrade has an interface that will automatically place the SquareTrade seal in your auctions. When someone clicks on the seal they will see your profile that states that your identity has been verified and that you are a seller in good standing. SquareTrade also offers a dispute resolution program that will help you remove negative feedback.
SquareTrade charges $9.50 a month. eBay offers something similar for $5.00 called ID Verify, but it is a one-time ID verification process and does not include the ongoing compliance checking or the dispute resolution service. I have not seen any data that proves SquareTrade increases your bids or final values. I have used it since 2002. Unfortunately I have not blind tested it to see if there is any change in my outcomes with or without the seal.
- buySAFE is a bonding service that I have used for the past three years. It does work for me and they have data that shows it increases conversion ( successful sale) rates by 2.1% and final values by 4.7%. These are not huge numbers but that study was across all types of auctions. I have noticed a higher sell through rate and final values my more expensive products –although even lower priced products have benefited as well. buySAFE is a proven tool used by some of the biggest sellers on eBay.
- Hammertap3 is my favorite research tool. If you are not using a research tool to optimize your eBay auctions you are losing money or not making as much money as you could. HammerTap3 can tell you the best days and times to end auctions, the best selling format to use for any given product, predict Listing Success Rates, tell you what keywords people are searching for on eBay and even predict the demand for a given product. This link will give you a discount I have negotiated for my readers.
Every one’s auctions and business model is different and only you can tell if these services will work for you. About the only way to know for sure is to give them a try.
- Ten easy eBay niche businesses that anyone can do with very little or no investment
Ten great little niche businesses hiding on eBay
- My Top 20 Wholesale Sources for eBay Sellers
This is a very low introductory product to help eBay sellers get started sourcing products from legitimate wholesalers