Changes to take place in June will include new item pages, new mandatory return policy enforcement and new dispute system
The announcement from Stephanie Tilenius, Senior VP & GM for eBay North America had been rumored for a while. As part of the announcement eBay stated a new policy that from here on they will give 60-day notice on all new changes before rolling them out. This was welcome by the selling community and third party service providers who must integrate with the eBay system.
I haven’t had time to analyze the announcement yet and its impact on sellers, but here is the text of the announcement from eBay. I will be studying this and commenting on various parts of it over the next couple of weeks.
The spring release is set up to deliver three things for our sellers:
- Easier, more visual shopping, plus buyer incentives to drive more sales
- New item page rolling out. New photo zoom coming later this year. Get your listings ready now.
- New eBay product pages surfacing to more buyers. To make sure your items show up on these pages, use product details (formerly called pre-filled item information).
- New way to list in Fixed Price lets you offer all variations of one product—e.g. color and size—in a single low-cost listing.
- Buyer incentives and loyalty programs expanded to drive more traffic.
- Key information to set buyer expectations and help reduce your costs
- New Smart FAQ answers buyers’ top 20 questions before they contact you.
- Package tracking information available in My eBay—print labels on eBay and tracking shows up automatically, or you can upload the information.
- Return policy and handling time required for new listings and re-listings beginning June 15. Deadline for updating your Good ‘Til Cancelled listings extended to mid-September.
- Use Item Specifics. Now in some categories, you can customize when the available choices don’t apply to your item.
- Category and Item Specifics changes now consolidated with the rest of updates—find out if your listings are impacted.
- Other updates to make selling on eBay more efficient
- New, more efficient process for handling disputes.
- Selling Manager FREE for all sellers—with powerful new Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro applications.
- Easier, faster way to pay shipping, print labels, and update buyers—right from eBay.
- Bulk editing tools available now.
You’re also invited to:
- Take part in one of several upcoming webinars on April 16 and April 21.
- Join myself and other leaders from eBay and PayPal in a Town Hall meeting on April 16.
- Talk with members of my staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we’ve set up for this purpose.
Again, thank you for partnering to make eBay a successful marketplace. We believe these changes will improve your sales and the efficiency of selling on eBay.
——–end of announcement ————-
- The Complete eBay Marketing System to starting and running an eBay business by Skip McGrath
The complete printed training course for anyone who wants to make extra money or make a full time business on eBay
Want to learn how to sell on Amazon?
My Comprehensive Amazon Training Course is The Complete Amazon Training System.
The Complete Amazon Training System is a 2-volume, printed training manual over 350 pages long, that covers all aspects (beginner-to-advanced) of building a part-time or full-time Amazon business working from home.
In addition to the basic training manual. I have included over 10 special bonus reports that cover subjects such as importing, private labeling, Perfecting Titles and Keywords on Amazon, Packaging and Shipping Inventory to Amazon, Product Bundling for Increased Profits, Creating Variation Listings and much-more.
The Complete Amazon Training System comes with a 90-Day “no-questions-asked” money back guarantee.