Changes to take place in June will include new item pages, new mandatory return policy enforcement and new dispute system
The announcement from Stephanie Tilenius, Senior VP & GM for eBay North America had been rumored for a while. As part of the announcement eBay stated a new policy that from here on they will give 60-day notice on all new changes before rolling them out. This was welcome by the selling community and third party service providers who must integrate with the eBay system.
I haven’t had time to analyze the announcement yet and its impact on sellers, but here is the text of the announcement from eBay. I will be studying this and commenting on various parts of it over the next couple of weeks.
The spring release is set up to deliver three things for our sellers:
- Easier, more visual shopping, plus buyer incentives to drive more sales
- New item page rolling out. New photo zoom coming later this year. Get your listings ready now.
- New eBay product pages surfacing to more buyers. To make sure your items show up on these pages, use product details (formerly called pre-filled item information).
- New way to list in Fixed Price lets you offer all variations of one product—e.g. color and size—in a single low-cost listing.
- Buyer incentives and loyalty programs expanded to drive more traffic.
- Key information to set buyer expectations and help reduce your costs
- New Smart FAQ answers buyers’ top 20 questions before they contact you.
- Package tracking information available in My eBay—print labels on eBay and tracking shows up automatically, or you can upload the information.
- Return policy and handling time required for new listings and re-listings beginning June 15. Deadline for updating your Good ‘Til Cancelled listings extended to mid-September.
- Use Item Specifics. Now in some categories, you can customize when the available choices don’t apply to your item.
- Category and Item Specifics changes now consolidated with the rest of updates—find out if your listings are impacted.
- Other updates to make selling on eBay more efficient
- New, more efficient process for handling disputes.
- Selling Manager FREE for all sellers—with powerful new Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro applications.
- Easier, faster way to pay shipping, print labels, and update buyers—right from eBay.
- Bulk editing tools available now.
You’re also invited to:
- Take part in one of several upcoming webinars on April 16 and April 21.
- Join myself and other leaders from eBay and PayPal in a Town Hall meeting on April 16.
- Talk with members of my staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we’ve set up for this purpose.
Again, thank you for partnering to make eBay a successful marketplace. We believe these changes will improve your sales and the efficiency of selling on eBay.
——–end of announcement ————-
- The Complete eBay Marketing System to starting and running an eBay business by Skip McGrath
The complete printed training course for anyone who wants to make extra money or make a full time business on eBay