Amazon reported financial results yesterday that shocked Wall Street Analysts. They were so good that although the Dow is down over 100 points today, Amazon stock is up over 5%.
- Amazon net sales in the 4th quarter increased over 36% over the same quarter last year
- The 4th Quarter was Amazon’s first $10 Billion quarter
- The number of new users (registered Amazon accounts) increased 25% last year
- Amazon reported that over 2 million active sellers accounted for 30% of all revenue
- Amazon added 13 new distribution centers bringing the total to 52
These are amazing results. The number that really blew me away is the 2 million active sellers. I have asked eBay for their number of active sellers but don’t have an answer yet –but I believe it is somewhere around 600,000. So Amazon having 2 million is just amazing. I can see why:
- First of all Amazon makes it really easy to sell on their platform.
- Amazon offers excellent seller support
- Amazon actively recruits sellers
- The success of FBA is really pulling in sellers
If you are interested in learning how to sell on Amazon, I have teamed up with Jim Cockrum and we are developing a complete Amazon course that will go on sale within a couple of weeks.