My friend Jim Cockrum did a great blog post today submitting your thoughts on eBay versus Amazon and I wanted to share it with my readers.
Here is Jim’s post:
- eBay continues to be a great idea for those selling high-margin, unusual, or collectible items etc.
- If your product has a bar code on it, odds are it’s PERFECT for Amazon
- eBay is quickly loosing their advantages over Amazon from a buyer and seller perspective for most products
- Amazon offers sellers a business model that requires far less customer “hand holding” and generates far fewer customer issues
- eBay is all about lowest price from the buyers perspective. That’s hard on sellers.
- Amazon buyers often will buy the HIGHER priced items benefiting those of us that understand FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon)
- You can take a vacation from an Amazon FBA business without shutting down your operation. Not so with eBay.
Have other thoughts or questions about eBay/Amazon etc.? I would love to hear them. Please post your comments below
Would you like to learn more about FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) as a home-business model?
A few months ago I teamed up with Jim Cockrum, Chris Green of FBAPower and Suzanne Wells –one of our eBay/Amazon coaches to create The Proven amazon Course. Take a look and see if it makes sense for you. We already have several hundred students successfully making money on Amazon.