This is a guest piece by Chad Rubin of Skubana.
About Skubana: Skubana is an enterprise-grade, all-in-one, SaaS platform that empower sellers to synchronize, optimize & simplify their entire ecommerce operation. Our technology is the only, truly unified system that integrates out-of-the-box with all the marketplaces and shopping carts for flexible order fulfillment (via internal warehouse, 3PL integration, dropships, Fulfillment by Amazon), customizing & printing shipping labels, multi-channel and multi-warehouse inventory management, automating business workflows, vendor management, accounting & cross channel analytics. Skubana eliminates integrations across multiple disjointed software systems and streamlines resources, allowing e-tailers to grow their business like never before, for a fraction of the cost.
In a perfect world, e-commerce sellers, big and small would never undersell or oversell, incur ridiculous warehouse storage fees, or lose customers. However the reality is that sellers are constantly busy trying to keep up with their e-commerce business and stay afloat. After years of ongoing struggles to manage and analyze inventory across multiple marketplaces and keep everything fully synchronized and profitable, the idea for Skubana was born from an e-commerce seller who believed that selling should and could be easier than it was.
Chad Rubin, the CEO of Skubana, grew up in the world of retail; spending his childhood helping his parents run a struggling brick and mortar vacuum cleaner business. In his early 20’s, he ventured off to Wall Street as a research analyst.
After seeing the growth of Internet stocks and watching e-commerce flourish, Chad soon caught the entrepreneurial bug. As an extension of his parent’s brick and mortar business, he set up an Amazon store selling vacuum parts. Over the next 5 years, the business grew exponentially however with rapid growth came complexity.
Selling on one marketplace quickly grew into selling on several and being overwhelmed was a constant reality. Real-time inventory count was impossible, overselling was a constant, and measuring profits was never accurate. There wasn’t a realistic complete solution for what e-commerce sellers truly needed, so we built one.
Skubana manages all back-end e-commerce operations in one place, including order processing, shipping, inventory management, fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), vendor management and cross channel analytics. It is truly everything a seller would need to build a successful and profitable business, no matter if you’re selling on one channel or several.
- Unified solution to control the entire e-commerce operation lifecycle without the need to glue together disparate software.
How many platforms have you tried and then still had to supplement your workflow with spreadsheets?
- Completely out-of-the-box ready.
- This is all one without taking a percentage of revenue
- No implementation fees.
- True Multi-Channel, Multi-Warehouse Inventory Synchronization in real time.
How many times have you oversold on an item and had to cancel the order? How often do you receive policy warnings from Amazon?
- No longer do sellers have to be overwhelmed by endless amounts of spreadsheets to manage their business.
- Inventory updates based on intelligent shipping zone & sales channel allocation rules.
- Intuitive Order & RMA Processing.
How many times have you wished there was an automatic order rerouting to a backup warehouse when you suddenly run out of stock in one location?
- Routing orders to multiple warehouses, making shipping flexible no matter how a seller fulfills, including direct warehouse, 3PL, drop-shipping and FBA.
- Batch ship & create customized packing slips, return labels and emails helping improve customer service and retention.
- Complete Vendor & Purchase Order Workflow.
How many times have you been out of stock in FBA and didn’t have the proper replenishment to have consistent stock to win the buy box?
- Eliminate data entry errors with automated purchase order creation based on past product sell-through.
- Replenish stock levels or dropship in just a few clicks.
- Cross-Channel Analytics offers marketplace insights to drive businesses forward.
How many times do you wonder which products are most successful?
- Figure out the most profitable channels and products.
- Decide when to offload ill-performing inventory.
- Efficient Product Management.
How many times do you try to figure out real product inventory counts when there is no true idea of a product vs. channel listing?
- Reconciliation of product SKUs with channel listing SKUs and vendor SKUs allow for complete inventory management without the spreadsheets.
We’ve been there before and we know the struggle. Our success is directly tied in with each seller’s success. Work smart and sell more with Skubana.
Chad Rubin is the CEO of Skubana, LLC and Crucial Vacuum. Chad knows E-commerce. He loves to share ideas and talk to other sellers. If nothing else, you’ve made a solid acquaintance. Feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Crucial Vacuum: Crucial Vacuum manufactures high-quality vacuum cleaner accessories at a revolutionary price point and sells them directly to the consumer via the internet. The ecommerce site processes about 60,000 orders a month on multiple channels. Crucial Vacuum was conceived on Chad Rubin’s couch in 2008 while he was working on Wall Street during the financial crisis. He discovered a need to develop an alternative to the overpriced original vacuum accessories available at today’s retail stores. By circumventing traditional channels and engaging with customers directly through our website, Crucial Vacuum is able to provide high-quality vacuum cleaner accessories at a fraction of the price point!