This is important information for sellers – please take a moment to read it.
Amazon has made several changes to the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. These changes took effect in on August 16. The changes are based on feedback from sellers. The key changes are summarized below:
- General Terms “Introduction”: Amazon is clarifying seller contractual obligations by defining a discrete set of Program Policies.
- Section 3 “Term and Termination”: They are adding more specific information about account suspension and termination and we are providing for a right to appeal such actions in certain circumstances.
- Section 4 “License”: Amazon is narrowing the scope of the limited license sellers give us to their intellectual property.
- Section 6 “Indemnification”: the obligation to indemnify will apply mutually to both parties.
- Section 15 “Modification”: Amazon will provide advance notice when they modify the Business Selling Agreement, except where needed to protect customers.
- Section S-3.2 “A-to-z Guarantee”: Amazon will provide an express right to appeal their A-to-z determinations.
- Section F-7 “Returns to You and Disposal”: They have revised the procedure for refusing, removing, or disposing of FBA inventory.
- ”Selling Partner API Terms”: Amazon has streamlined the terms for our selling partner APIs, including Marketplace Web Services (MWS), distinguished the different terms that apply to sellers and developers, and clarified permissible uses of those APIs.
This list doesn’t include all of the changes. A redlined version is available here in English, Spanish, and Chinese. If you have questions, please reach out to Selling Partner Support. Your continued use of selling services after August 16 constitutes your acceptance of the updated agreement.
Statement from Amazon
“As always, our goal is to help you and all our selling partners continue to succeed with Amazon and grow your businesses around the world. Thank you for being an Amazon Selling Partner.”